- Epidemiological study designs
- Multivariate statistical analysis
- Screening as a preventative and diagnostic tool
- Survival analysis and bias
- Cardiovascular disease risk factors
- Cancer risk factors
- Metabolic risk factors
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Foundations of Epidemiology.
Explain the epidemiology of common chronic diseases; discuss the epidemiology of chronic diseases across different countries, races and life course; apply epidemiological principles and methods to the study of chronic diseases; understand how different sources of bias and confounders can affect the results of epidemiological studies; critically appraise epidemiological evidence.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 (25%)
- Assignment 2 (35%)
- Assignment 3 (40%)
Master of Public Health
- Stream - Health Policy and Management
- Stream - Health Promotion
- Stream - Applied Epidemiology and Biostatistics