- Cladding Systems and Stability in Medium Span Systems
- Long Span Roof Systems and Rainwater Collection
- Tilt Slabs
- Thermal Insulation
- Elements of Airconditioning Systems
- Introduction to Sewage, WAter Supply and Drainage
- Lighting and Levels: Artificial and Natural
- Lighting: Day and Night
- Vision and Colour
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Assignment 1 - Case Study 2 (35%)
- Assignment 2 - Case Study (35%)
- Assignment 3 - Portfolio (30%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
This subject explores construction, environmental and technological systems for medium scale, clear span architectural projects. Utilising different methods of architectural communication, students are engaged in the production of design development documents. Work integrated learning is incorporated through authentic learning activities focused on design decision making and documentation that simulate real world projects and workplaces.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.