Environmental and Technological Systems in Architecture
Identify suitable construction, environmental and management systems for low-rise, medium-sized clear span builds. Collect and integrate data to assess best fit. Design documents for moderate-scale rise and density construction.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
- 01 Jun 2020
- 30 Nov 2020
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify appropriate construction, environmental and technological systems for application in the design of a medium scale, clear span project
- synthesise information relevant to construction, environmental and technological systems required at relevant stages of design of a moderately complex medium scale project
- evaluate and integrate appropriate construction, environmental and technological systems in a medium scale, clear span project
- work collaboratively to produce design development documents for a moderately complex medium scale project.
- Cladding Systems
- Long Span Roof Systems
- Tilt Slabs
- Thermal Insulation
- Air Conditioning Systems
- Hydraulic Services
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Level 3 subjects normally assume an introductory level of prior knowledge in this area e.g. from studying related Level 2 subjects or other relevant experience. Ensure all Level 2 subjects have been completed.
- EquipmentDetails - Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone.
This subject explores construction, environmental and technological systems for medium scale, clear span architectural projects. Utilising different methods of architectural communication, students are engaged in the production of design development documents. Work integrated learning is incorporated through authentic learning activities focused on design decision making and documentation that simulate real world projects and workplaces.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (50%)
- Portfolio (50%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.