Educational Applications of Digital Technologies
Examine how the digital age influences habits, behaviours and learning. Select and apply appropriate digital technologies by designing and creating a digital resource that demonstrates effective use of digital technology in the education contexts.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- examine a range of digital technologies for teaching and learning purposes
- deconstruct how the digital age has influenced habits, behaviours, preferences and learning
- evaluate and critique the impact that digital technologies have on learning and teaching
- design and create a digital resource that demonstrates effective use of digital technology in educational learning contexts.
- How do we define a 'digital age'?
- Big Data: why is everything so 'big'?
- Digital crowds: understanding how this influences digital trends
- Social media and how it shapes our world
- Transmedia and digital convergence
- Digital Blurring
- The struggle to be digital: who misses out?
- Mobile learning
- The rise of digital literacy: what does this mean?
- Digital technologies: what should we use in the classroom?
- Creative technologies and virtual worlds
- Digital relevancy: future-proofing ourselves and our students
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- EquipmentDetails - Audio/Visual equipment
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
This subject examines the selection and application of appropriate current and emergent digital technologies in educational learning contexts. It will include a detailed analysis of the current digital age and how this has impacted teaching and learning. It will involve the consideration and application of a range of digital technologies in teaching and learning.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Resource Creation & Evaluation (50%)
- Essay (50%)
Textbook information is pending.