- Introduction to the learning area. What are artefacts and why are they relevant?
- Inquiry learning
- Geography: sustainability
- Planning and assessing a Humanities project
- Integrated curriculum planning
- Using community resources: class excursions
- Working towards Civics and Civilisation in the early year
- Developing a socially just classroom
- Global Education
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
- OtherDetails -
- Additional materials
This subject is designed to investigate the knowledge, skills and understandings young children need as they connect with their world and continue to grow as active and contributing citizens. An inquiry learning approach underpins the development of an integrated teaching plan and collaborative inquiry from the learning areas of history and geography, including sustainability. The subject examines pedagogical approaches, theoretical perspectives and research which assist students to plan and implement teaching and learning programs to support children (birth - 8years) as they build their sense of belonging and citizenship in the family and community. Students will explore how children's culture, heritage, and traditions can be valued within a a variety of learning contexts.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation (10%)
- Essay (40%)
- Report (50%)
Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Education)
- Open Subjects - Level 1
- Restricted Subjects - Level 2
- Restricted Subjects - Level 3
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4
- Restricted Subjects - Level 4 Internship