Unearth marketing – from concepts through to its role in society. You’ll learn to apply marketing to business problems, considering buyer behaviour, market segmentation, target markets, positioning, the product lifecycle, ethics and more.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 30 Aug 2021
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- identify and explain the meaning and relevance of key marketing concepts within a global context
- apply key marketing concepts to 'real world' situations
- develop sound recommendations and marketing strategies in 'real world' situations
- demonstrate sound verbal and written marketing communication skills.
- Introduction: An Overview of Marketing
- Segmenting and Targeting
- Consumer Decision Process
- The Marketing Environment
- Developing and Managing Products
- Product Concepts
- Pricing Concepts
- Supply Chain Management and Marketing Channels;
- Retailing; Services
- Marketing Communications
- Public Relations and Sales Promotion
- Social Media and Marketing
You cannot enrol in this subject if you have successfully completed any of the following subject(s) because they are considered academically equivalent:
No special requirements
Understanding the role marketing plays in business and society; The global marketing environment; Consumer buyer behaviour; Market segmentation, target marketing and positioning; New product development and the product life cycle; Marketing Strategies (the 4 P's) - product, price, place and promotion; Ethics in marketing.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Individual Assignment (35%)
- Marketing Plan Presentations (30%)
- Marketing Plan (35%)
Current study term: 29 Aug 21 to 28 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.