- Unit Orientation & Introduction
- The Arts Learning Area and Curriculum Evolution since 2000
- National and Local Upper Secondary Arts Course Design Templates
- Programming and compliance issues for teachers of the State Upper Secondary Arts courses
- Arts Making - Rationale, Essential Content, Learning Outcomes, Contexts, Assessment types
- Arts Responding - Rationale, Essential Content, Learning Outcomes, Contexts, Assessment types
- School Based Assessment: Formative
- School Based Assessment: Summative
- Consistent and comparable judgements and reporting
- External Assessment
- Australian Qualifications Training Framework (AQTF) and Vocational Education and Training (VET) overview
- Post School Study and Industry Pathways
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to teach the Upper Secondary Arts curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Upper Secondary Arts. The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to individual student needs.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Essay (50%)
- Portfolio (50%)
Textbook information is pending.