- The nature and importance of Science
- Science as Inquiry
- Online and other resources for teachers of mathematics
- Planning individual lessons
- Planning and conducting practical lessons
- Planning and conducting excursions
- Formative assessments in Upper Secondary Science
- Summative assessments in Upper Secondary Science
- Designing assessment items in Upper Secondary Science
- Marking and moderating assessment items
- Reporting on student achievment
- Creating a positive learning environment
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Leacture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to teach the Upper Secondary Science curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Upper Secondary Science. The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to individual student needs.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Case Study (50%)
- Report (50%)