- An overview of National and Local Year 11 and 12 HASS curriculum
- Humanities and Social Sciences in Year 11 and 12
- Planning: Developing Course Outlines
- School-based assessment in HASS in Year 11 and 12
- Grading and grade descriptions
- Assessment: types and design
- Assessment: rubric and marking key design
- Recording and Reporting student achievement in Year 11 and 12 HASS
- Putting it all together: developing programs of work for Years 11 and 12
- Evaluating programs to cater for diverse learner needs
- Making consistent and comparable judgements - Part A
- Making consistent and comparable judgements - Part B
- Review and Reflection
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Standard Media
- Streaming Multimedia
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to Microsoft Office or a unit approved alternative, access to video creation and editing software.
This subject is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to teach the Upper Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences curriculum. The focus of the subject is on curriculum planning, teaching strategies, assessment, reporting, the demonstration of positive impact on student learning and research relating to Upper Secondary Humanities and Social Sciences. The subject examines moderation, the provision of feedback and responding to individual student needs.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Report (50%)
- Case Study (50%)
Textbook information is pending.