- Review of Cost Planning
- Introduction to approximate quantities
- Measuring approximate quantities
- Pricing approximate quantities
- Pricing alternatives
- Elemental summary
- Presentation of the cost plan
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Note: Level 3 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 2 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
This subject introduces advanced processes and techniques for cost management. Students will be introduced to the use of software for cost planning and the techniques of cost modelling, life cycle costing and value management which build on principles and practices previously studied.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Assignment 1 - Case Study (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Value management study (35%)
- Assignment 3 - Reflective Task (15%)