- Review of Cost Planning
- Introduction to approximate quantities
- Measuring approximate quantities
- Pricing approximate quantities
- Pricing alternatives
- Elemental summary
- Presentation of the cost plan
- Disscusion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Assignment 1 - Case Study (50%)
- Assignment 2 - Value management study (35%)
- Assignment 3 - Reflective Task (15%)
Textbooks are subject to change within the academic year. Students are advised to purchase their books no earlier than one to two months before the start of a subject
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject introduces advanced processes and techniques for cost management. Students will be introduced to the use of software for cost planning and the techniques of cost modelling, life cycle costing and value management which build on principles and practices previously studied.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.