Construction Project Safety Management
Secure a foundation in safety, health and welfare management in construction. Understand the legal responsibilities of providing safe workplaces. Study safety standards and record breaches. Apply principles and processes in real industry settings.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Subjects may require attendance
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- apply occupational health and safety principles and processes to construction industry scenarios
- evaluate the role of the construction/project manager with regard to ensuring a safe working environment
- analyse the application of occupational health and safety standards to record safety breaches.
- An Eye-opener to Safety
- Safety Culture
- Safety Culture: Incentives to Adopt
- Developing Safety Culture
- WHS Regulations
- Managing Risk Associated with Fall and Excavation
- Heat and Cold Stress
- Vibration and Fatigue
- Learning Curve
- Innovations in Safety
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
Note: Level 2 subjects normally assume a moderate level of prior knowledge in the area, eg from completing all Level 1 subjects or relevant experience.
No special requirements
This subject was previously known as Project Safety Management.
Management processes used in the application of occupational health and safety in the construction workplace and relevant safety acts and awards. Professional practices related to health and safety.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Invigilated Exam - Industry Scenarios (40%)
- Group Report (20%)
- Presentation of Group Report (10%)
- Report on a safety concept (30%)
Bachelor of Applied Science Construction Management
- Level 1 Open Subjects
- Level 2 Subjects
- Level 3 Subjects
- Level 4 Subjects - Professional
- Level 4 Subjects - Honours