- Steel reinforced concrete characteristics
- Protection afforded to steel reinforcement by concrete
- Corrosion of reinforcement in concrete (A)
- Corrosion of reinforcement in concrete (B)
- Concrete deterioration mechanism (A)
- Concrete deterioration mechanism (B)
- Survey & Diagnosis of Reinforced Concrete (A) - Onsite Measurements
- Survey & Diagnosis of Reinforced Concrete (B) - Laboratory Measurements
- Repair & Protection of Reinforced Concrete (A)- Mechanical Methods
- Repair & Protection of Reinforced Concrete (B) - Cathodic Protection
- Repair & Protection of Reinforced Concrete (C) - Electrochemical Methods
- Preventative Measures for New Concrete
- Online assignment submission
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Standard Media
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject introduces students to corrosion occurring in reinforced concrete, which has a major impact in most built infrastructure. The students will adapt fundamental concepts of corrosion to analyse the electrochemical and chemical reactions that take place in reinforced concrete, and how they determine the overall corrosion risk. Concrete corrosion control strategies will be explored by understanding the fundamentals and the limitations of different inspection, monitoring, and prevention methods.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Final Invigilated Exam (50%)
- Four Quizzes (20%)
- Report 1 (15%)
- Report 2 (15%)
Textbook information is pending.
Graduate Diploma in Corrosion Engineering
- Core Subjects
Graduate Certificate in Corrosion Engineering
- Core Subjects