Clinical Safety and Quality
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of clinical governance and health systems management
- describe the alignment of clinical governance processes with Safety and Quality frameworks
- create innovative strategies including the translation of clinical research into clinical practice guidelines and clinical practice improvement
- analyse clinical risk management frameworks for health services for inclusions in clinical governance
- evaluate clinical service outcomes and the role of safety and quality activities
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject covers the clinician’s role in leading the safety and quality agenda. The subject will equip students with the advanced knowledge of clinical governance and processes of achieving continuous health systems improvement. The subject will review international and Australian perspectives of the complexities of implementing the principles of safety and quality in health care systems
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
- Critique (30%)
- Case Study (40%)
- Action Plan (30%)