Australian Tax Law Cases
Add to your knowledge of Australian tax laws and policies. Examine cases and rulings involving income from property, business and labour. Explore capital gains, deductions, and trading stock. Understand constitutional issues. Probe tax evasion.
There are no available classes. Find another subject.
- 26 Aug 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- explain the historical development of the Australian Tax System including recent Australian Taxation Reforms
- identify and apply the tax policy principles for evaluating a tax measure
- research and critically analyse a current issue in taxation
- explain a constitutional barrier to the levy of taxation in Australia
- apply taxation law and case studies to situations involving; income from labour, business and property, capital gains, allowable deductions, tax accounting and trading stock.
- Foundations of Tax Reform in Australia
- Constitutional Issues
- Income from Labour
- Business Income
- Income from Property
- Capital Gains Tax
- Allowable Deductions
- Tax Avoidance and Evasion
- Trading Stock
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Study guide
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
- Resources and Links
This subject will enhance the student's knowledge of tax law and policy in Australia. The subject examines a combination of the examination of relevant cases and rulings, and students will develop a practical analysis of tax policy issues.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Oral Presentation (15%)
- Problem Based Assignment (35%)
- Final Examination (50%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more: