Architectural Professional Project Delivery
Step back and get a better view of the role of the architect in a professional context.Read up on architectural ethics and codes of conduct. Investigate the process of tendering. Compose architectural documentations to meet industry standards
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Nov 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- prepare architectural documentation to recognised industry standards, and compare to international precedents
- critically evaluate the impact of an architect’s design and documentation and the role of consultants in the construction process
- employ a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach when working with other industry professionals to establish procurement methods and processes.
- Winning a job: Preparing a brief and fee proposal
- Project stages and the design team
- Cover and acceptance letters - Client Architect Agreements
- Concept design: where to start
- Design Development
- Opinion of Probable Cost
- Contract Documentation: Overview
- Contract Documentation: Coordination
- Introduction to Specifications
- Contract Administration: Tendering and Building Contracts
- Contract Administration: During and Post-Construction
- Professional Ethics
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- Other requirements - Audio video equipment required Access to the Internet Admission to degree may be required
This subject was previously known as Architectural Professional Practice 1.
This professional practice subject aims to provide a solid introduction to the skills, knowledge and processes required to execute and manage a small-scale architectural project. The subject also examines in detail the responsibilities of a project architect and the role of consultants in the construction industry. Additionally, this subject provides an introduction to procurement methods, specification writing, professional ethics and codes of conduct.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Proposal, Brief and Development (40%)
- Documentation (40%)
- Administration (20%)
Current study term: 29 May 22 to 28 Aug 22
Textbooks are not required.
Next study term: 27 Nov 22 to 26 Feb 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.