You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Introduction to the law and the management of an architectural practice
- Establishing a practice and assessing the costs
- Managing a business and managing a workplace
- Marketing architectural services and client / architect relations
- SWOT analyses and quality management
- Financial management and estimating a fee
- Legal systems and employment law
- Business structures
- Common law, tort and promises
- Elements of construction contracts
- Dispute resolution in construction contracts
- Property, agency, business and statutory law
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Audio-Video streaming
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
The law, contracts and agreements as they relate to the practice of architecture, conditions of engagement, professional fees, management of commissions and an understanding of the principles of successful management in architectural offices and organisations including financial management, risks, marketing, workplace relations and quality assurance. This subject also incorporates a fieldwork component.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Presentation (40%)
- Reflection (30%)
- Portfolio (30%)
Textbook information is pending.