Architectural Professional Practice 1
Step back and get a better view of the role of the architect in a professional context.Read up on architectural ethics and codes of conduct. Investigate the process of tendering. Compose architectural documentations to meet industry standards
Your upfront cost: $0
- 27 May 2019
- 25 Nov 2019
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- prepare architectural documentation to recognised industry standards, and compare to international precedents
- critically evaluate the impact of an architect’s design and documentation and the role of consultants in the construction process
- employ a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach when working with other industry professionals.
- Introduction: The industry participants, their roles and procurement options
- The role of the contractor and the quantity surveyor
- Project cost management and site investigations considerations
- Contract administration
- Architectural specifications and schedules
- Consultant and client agreements
- Letters of Intent, progress certificates and variations
- Professional ethics and professional communications
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This professional practice subject aims to provide a solid introduction to the skills, knowledge and processes required to execute and manage a small-scale architectural project. The unit also examines in detail the responsibilities of a project architect and the role of consultants in the construction industry. Additionally, this subject provides an introduction to specification writing, professional ethics and codes of conduct.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Proposal, Brief and Development (40%)
- Documentation (40%)
- Administration (20%)
Textbooks are not required.
Textbook information is pending.