You are currently viewing the 2018 version of this course. Change to 2019
- Introduction: The industry participants, their roles and procurement options
- The role of the contractor and the quantity surveyor
- Project cost management and site investigations considerations
- Contract administration
- Architectural specifications
- Conditions of Tender and Preliminaries in specifications
- Trade sections in specifications
- Painting specifications and schedules of finishes
- Consultant and client agreements
- Letters of Intent, progress certificates and variations
- Professional ethics and professional communications
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Standard Media
- Web links
- Printable format materials
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
- OtherDetails -
Access to hardware: webcam, speakers and microphone
This professional practice subject aims to provide a solid introduction to the skills, knowledge and processes required to execute and manage a small-scale architectural project. The unit also examines in detail the responsibilities of a project architect and the role of consultants in the construction industry. Additionally, this subject provides an introduction to specification writing, professional ethics and codes of conduct.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Proposal and Brief (0%)
- Development Report (40%)
- Documentation Report (40%)
- Portfolio (20%)
Textbook information is pending.