There are no available classes. Find another subject.
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- evaluate factors influencing the success of agribusinesses, locally, regionally and globally
- produce advice for an agribusiness with consideration of it as part of an agribusiness system
- demonstrate competency in one or more components of an agribusiness system
- work professionally as part of a team.
- New - under development.
- To be advised
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Streaming Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Standard Media
- Embedded Multimedia
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
To be able to work at any level of the Agribusiness sector requires an in-depth understanding that it is made up of a number of different parts working together as a system. Agribusiness Systems is designed to develop a detailed knowledge of the components that make up the agribusiness sector and how they interact. Students will gain an understanding of how the input, production, processing and consumer sectors influence each other and how the success of enterprises in each is reliant on the success of all others along the value chain. Product, information, payment and cost flows through the system will be discussed. Students will have the opportunity in this unit to enhance their understanding of parts of the Agribusiness System through external certification.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Agribusiness Analysis (40%)
- Sector Analysis - Report and Presentation (35%)
- Competency Reflection (25%)