Agribusiness and Farm Management
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of key resources of agribusiness and interactions with external factors
- discuss appropriate management processes within the business, including control mechanisms and labour management processes
- monitor and assess identified critical production processes and resolve problems by the application of appropriate tools
- assess key financial data of the business and calculate critical financial outcomes for the business and individual enterprises.
- Agribusiness industries from global and local perspectives
- Agribusiness value chains and market price determination
- Farm management and decision making
- Economic principles and their application in managing agribusinesses
- Economic management of agribusiness firms
- Enterprise budgets
- Cash flow budgets and financial plans
- Financial statements
- Techniques for developing budgets and constructing financial statements
- Analysing financial data and business performance
- Investment Analysis
- Planning for and managing innovation and adaption
- Standard Media
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Online assignment submission
- Web links
- Podcasting/Lecture capture
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Embedded Multimedia
- Streaming Multimedia
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Audio-Video streaming
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject covers the processes of planning, implementation, management and control of agriculture and associated agribusiness industries. Students will undertake analysis, implementation and monitoring of existing strategies and tactics for enterprises and associated activities in agribusiness. Students will apply these principles to benchmark agribusiness data.
Please Note: If it’s your first time studying a Curtin University subject you’ll need to complete their compulsory ‘Academic Integrity Program’. It only takes two hours to complete online, and provides you with vital information about studying with Curtin University. The Academic Integrity Program is compulsory, so if it’s not completed your subject grades will be withheld.
Find out more about the Academic Integrity module.
- Budgeting Exercise (20%)
- Group Report and Presentation (20%)
- Enterprise Analysis Report (20%)
- Invigilated Exam (40%)