Indonesian Studies 1B
Build further upon your fundamental knowledge of the Indonesian language. Extend your grasp of tense and grammar. Improve vocabulary while learning about acronyms, leisure and sports. Jump-start your writing, reading, speaking and listening skills.
At the completion of this subject students will have been:
- demonstrate basic speaking (pronunciation and tones), reading and writing skills
- develop language competence and proficiency applied to simple conversation.
- analyse select readings to recognise simple language and linguistic nuances.
- Descriptions - location of places; comparisons, superlatives, equal comparisons; socio-cultural notes: social status
- Expressing preferences and dislikes (lebih suka); please - tolong and coba; Socio-cultural notes: development
- Tenses - adverbs of time, aspect markers; negatives - of aspect markers; apologies, regrets, sympathies, thanks
- MeN kan verbs; MeN kan verbs with requests; writing a memo; socio-cultural notes: terms of address (Java)
- Shopping questions; saja - only, just; MeN verbs, rupiah and kilograms; containers, classifiers; socio-cultural notes: bargaining, discounts
- Educational terms and acronyms; adverbs - adverbs of manner, adverbs of degree; MeN i verbs
- Grammar in use: suka, senang, gemar; sports and pastimes; expressing interest or boredom; socio-cultural notes: sports
- Making future plans - apa rencana? apa yang akan Saudara kerjakan? apakah akan? apakah ada acara? bagaimana kalau?; Di_ form (passive)
- Nouns with affixes (prefix or suffix); business acronyms; socio-cultural notes: business in Indonesia
- Nouns with affixes (continued), peN an, per an; socio-cultural notes: health care, herbal medicines, cashiers
- Audio/Video conferencing
- Online Assessment
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
- CD ROM
You are recommended to have completed the following subjects(s) or have equivalent knowledge before starting this subject:
No special requirements
This subject builds on the proficiency achieved in Indonesian Language 1 (IND11 Indonesian 1A), widens its scope and enhances students appreciation of the language. More variation in learning activities is introduced, with the aim of developing and consolidating language competence and the students skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- written and oral (40%)
- written and oral (25%)
- written and oral (35%)