Furnish your researcher’s tool kit with qualitative, quantitative and mixed research methods. Prepare to apply these concepts and techniques towards an investigation of an occupational health, safety and environment topic. Design a research project.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 May 2019
- 24 Nov 2019
Established in 1991 after amalgamating four eastern Australian Catholic tertiary institutes, Australian Catholic University now has seven campuses, from Brisbane to Melbourne and welcomes students of all beliefs. Specialising in arts, business, education, health sciences, law, theology and philosophy, ACU encourages its students to think critically and ethically and bring change to their communities and offer this online through Open Universities Australia.
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the range of concepts and techniques associated with qualitative, quantitative and mixed research methods;
- Critically review appropriate research methods for specific research problems;
- Apply standardised procedures to ensure research is conducted ethically and demonstrates respect for human dignity;
- Design a qualitative and/or quantitative research project and write an associated research proposal.
- Types of research
- Design and ethical considerations
- The research question
- Searching and reviewing the literature
- Qualitative methods and instruments
- Quantitive methods and instruments
- Sampling and data collection
- Qualitative data analysis
- Presenting and describing quantative data
- Qualitative analyses: estimation and comparision
- Qualitative analyses: linear relationships between variable
- Writing the report
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Web links
- Online assignment submission
- Online Quizzes/Tests
- Resources and Links
- Online Assessment
- Printable format materials
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No special requirements
The subject helps students understand a range of concepts and techniques associated with both qualitative and quantitative methods of research that are applicable for business, OHSE, and/or information systems. Students will be coached on evaluating appropriate methods of doing particular types of research and will apply some of these techniques in workshop activities and projects. Students will be introduced to various research methods and techniques. Being able to research new areas is an important skill in both business and information systems and this subject will help students understand research applications, methods, design and reporting.
- Literature Review (35%)
- Business Research Report (25%)
- Research Proposal (40%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.