Set your career dreams in motion with a qualification that’s future-ready.Study an online undergraduate or postgraduate health course with Open Universities Australia.
Through us, you'll get access to:
- Accredited coursework – gain the same qualifications and skills as an on-campus student.
- Variety and choice – choose from a range of courses from leading universities across nursing, mental health, nutrition and child development.
- Tailored and flexible – create your own study program and customise your qualification to suit your interests and career goals.
An initial chat with a student advisor can help you to explore your options.
Choose where to specialise
Psychology & human behaviour
Map the functions of the human mind or explore the pursuit of knowledge.
Popular areas include:
A growing health industry
Health is Australia's largest and fastest growing industry. It covers health services like hospitals, GPs, dental and ambulance, as well as child care and aged care.
Industry fast facts
- The health industry in Australia employs about 1.5 million people.
- Careers in nursing are on the up. 60,000 new nursing jobs are predicted in the next 5 years.
- Psychologists employed in Australia are set to increase by 30% by 2030.
(Source: Job Outlook).
The Graduate Certificate was a really great fit for me, because it helped me understand health motivations and behaviours which I’ve always been very curious about.
Melissa, Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion, Curtin University.
Careers in health:
Find a health course
Choose from over 130 courses in health
I’ve always been really interested in people and how they think and their behaviour. So the opportunity to study and also help people was something that stood out for me.
David, Bachelor of Behavioural Studies, Swinburne University.
I chose the Master of Health Industry Management because it broadened my scope from just nursing to the entire health industry, which was where I wanted to be.
Brenda, Master of Health Industry Management, Curtin University
What you get through OUA
Study accredited courses
All courses are the real deal. Graduate with the same qualifications as on‑campus students.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Your graduation certificate is the same as students who study in the classroom. It’s issued from the uni you choose to study with.
Fit learning around your busy life
Load up on subjects, slow down with just one, or take time off when you need a break.