Use your love of cultures and customs for good with a course in international relations.
You’ll come to understand the cogs at work behind global conflict, while getting to know a range of political processes. Gain the confidence to encourage change-makers across the world to work and live in harmony. Now that's global change.
Where will an international relations degree take me?
International relations can often sound like the stuff of Hollywood. But in reality, those who have studied an international relations degree have real, tangible career outcomes. As an expert in international relations, you could find work in:
- Non-government organisations
- The public sector
- Federal defence agencies
- Foreign affairs departments
- Immigration departments and consultancies
What will I learn with an international relations degree?
Aside from broad skills such as critical thinking, creativity and teamwork, you’ll learn about:
- War and peace in contemporary international politics - Come to understand why the world’s political affairs are the way they are, and what can be done to create resolution.
- Globalisation and global governance - Look at how people, companies and governments interact and transact on a global scale.
- Diplomacy - Understand the art and practice of conducting negotiations between representatives from different regions.
- Foreign policy - Get to know the strategies different countries have put into play to keep their people safe and achieve their goals.
- Strategic negotiation skills - Build the skills to respond to real-world matters so that you can facilitate discussions across different cultures.
Discover related degrees
Bachelor of Arts
- Major in English
- Major in Ancient History
- Major in Modern History
- Major in Philosophy
- Major in Politics
- Major in Sociology
- Major in Creative Writing
- Major in Indigenous Studies
- Major in International Relations
- Major in Applied Ethics
Discover related subjects
Why study online through OUA?
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 470+ degrees, and 2,360+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.