Why study creative writing online?
Whether you’re looking to pursue writing as a creative passion or create a writing career, you’ll find an option to match. So build your writing skills, and pen some prose, scribe a script or compose a little copy, noodle with a novel.
Whether you’ve got your heart set on working as a freelancer, writing a novel, publishing a children’s book, becoming a poet or just writing for the joy of it, this study will get the words flowing.
Studying online means that you can build your skills at a pace that suits you- perhaps fitting in your study around your work.
Creative writing highlights
- Combine your creativity with a craft.
- Develop a distinctive writing style.
- Kickstart your creativity with a new challenge.
Creative writing specialisations
- Understand structure, editing, and flow.
- Explore writing for different genres, platforms and formats.
- Engage with the professional writing industry.
Explore creative writing
Writing Creative Non-Fiction
- Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Publishing) (Visual Culture)
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital and Social Media) (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital Experience and Interaction Design) (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Librarianship and Corporate Information Management)
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital and Social Media)
Why study online through OUA?
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 350+ degrees, and 1,800+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
Creative writing stories
Get going with OUA
Compare and apply
We’ll help you find the right course for you. Our student advisors are ready to answer your questions.
Work out your finances
During your enrolment, we’ll offer you the option to pay upfront in full, or defer your payment using a student loan. Remember to look into income tax deductions for course fees and study-related expenses.
Get credit for your success
We won’t let your hard work go unrecognised. Choose to take a single subject, or combine your work as part of a degree.