Why study an aged care course online?
Given that 22% (that's 8.8 million) of the Australian population is predicted to be over 65 by 2057, Australia needs a new wave of talented aged care workers. S
Studying aged care at a tertiary level will give you the skills needed to empower older adults, aid societal change, and pave the way for the future of this rapidly growing area.
Areas you’ll explore
- Differences and similarities in concepts of ageing and disability
- Social, mental, and physical traits of an ageing society
- Strategies to empower older adults to live independently
- Foundations of community health work
- Interdisciplinary ways of thinking and problem-solving skills
Career paths in aged care
As with any area of rapid growth, we’re like to see entirely new job titles created within aged care in coming years. For now, there are plenty of current career opportunities for those who choose to study an aged care course:
- Assistant in Nursing (AIN)
- Aged care supervisor
- Aged care facility manager
- Dementia specialist
- Aged care facility auditor
- Caregiver for in-home assistance
- Care services coordinator
Degrees related to aged care
Subjects related to aged care
Health Policy and Decision Making
Why study online through OUA?
Find the right course for you
We can guide you in your selection from 380+ degrees, and 2,000+ subjects, from leading Australian unis.
Start studying, regardless of history
We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
Gain credit towards your degree
Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
Graduate with a degree from a leading uni
Enrol through us, and graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
Feel supported from start to finish
Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.