Kelly grew up in South Africa, and moved to Australia when she was 18. “When I left school, I did a few jobs, and I got itchy feet so I became a flight attendant”. She ended up settling down in Dubai, where she met her husband and had children. As a stay-at-home mum, Kelly saw an opportunity to study while raising kids, so she took the path she was most interested in – UniSA‘s Bachelor of Accounting, online via OUA.
Eventually Kelly moved back to Australia to settle down, and just recently, she was able to secure an exciting accounting role with the Australian Federal Government. She plans to up the ante, and study again to become a specialist in the field. “By specialist, I mean… a mastermind” Kelly laughs.
For now, Kelly is soaking up the satisfaction of her big accomplishment. She’s grateful to have her husband and kids as unconditional support. Donning a graduation cap and a big grin, Kelly tells us “I most looking forward to just getting to breathe, to relax… just embrace the achievement that I’ve accomplished”.
Picture yourself on graduation day
Earning a degree may feel like a pipe dream, but with online study, it’s more attainable than you may realise. When you study through OUA, you can:
- Find the right degree for you – We can guide you in your selection from over 150 degrees, and 1300 subjects, from leading Australian unis.
- Start studying, regardless of history – We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
- Gain credit towards your degree – Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
- Graduate with a degree from a leading uni – Study through us, but graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
- Feel supported from start to finish – Our Student Advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
To express your interest in any of the courses on offer through OUA – fill out the form below and a friendly Student Advisor will get in contact. Otherwise, head over to our website to browse over 150 degrees and 1300 subjects from leading Australian universities.