For Issy, high school was a constant struggle for motivation. She battled the temptation to have fun with friends, which left her feeling completely overwhelmed by the time VCE came around. “My high school experience wasn’t a completely academic one,” Issy says with a cheeky smile. “I didn’t get the score I was after in year 12”. It took two years of work and travel before Issy found the passion to learn again. Times have changed, and today, Issy is well on her way to earning a Bachelor of Psychological Sciences through Swinburne University.
What attracted Issy to OUA was the lack of entry requirements, which meant Issy could start studying subjects regardless of her academic results. Completing those subjects not only qualified her for entry into a full degree, they also exposed her to a range of interesting study areas, such as communications, gender studies, and of course, psychology, which eventually became her focus and passion. Issy is now living up to her academic potential (now on campus at Swinburne), and has plans to become a clinical psychologist. She won’t let anything – especially her ATAR score – stand in her way.
It’s never too late for an education
It’s not too late, and it’s certainly not too hard to get started. OUA makes university study more accessible for everyone, no matter who or where you are.
- Find the right degree for you – We’ve brought together 100s of online degrees, and more than 1400 subjects, from leading Australian unis.
- No barriers to study – We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
- Gain credit towards your degree – Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
- Graduate with a degree from a leading uni – Study through us, but graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
- Support from start to finish – Our student advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment and study planning.
Talk through your options with a friendly student advisor on 13 OPEN (13 6736), or head to our website to explore, choose and enrol today.