For Alison, her job was her priority, but she couldn’t put aside her desire for a degree. Before long, she was enrolled in RMIT’s Bachelor of Business (Financial Planning). Alison had her doubts about online study, but was surprised by how quickly she became engaged. “I’d be dialled in, in my lounge room watching a lecture, and the chat comments would come up” explains Alison “And you would have a really great conversation with the other students, and the lecturer, from your own lounge room”.
Whenever Alison gets stuck or has a question, she’s found a quick resolution in contacting OUA’s student advisors. “Sometimes even 6 months later, I’d call them again, and the person on the phone would recognise me, which is nice”. When the going gets tough (because uni is no easy feat), Alison has learnt to take things one at a time, and remember that everyone is in the same boat. “There is actually a real feeling of community amongst the students” smiles Alison, “I was really not expecting that”.
Study online, not alone
When you choose to study online, you’re not isolating yourself from your peers – you’ll be joining a vibrant student community. Through OUA, there are plenty of benefits to enjoy.
- Find the right degree for you – We can guide you in your selection from over 150 degrees, and 1300 subjects, from leading Australian unis.
- No barriers to study – We offer single undergraduate subjects from full degrees without any entry requirements.
- Gain credit towards your degree – Apply for credit for past study, or your work experience, and finish faster.
- Graduate with a degree from a leading uni – Study through us, but graduate with exactly the same university degree as on-campus students.
- Support from start to finish – Our Student Advisors can guide you in the right direction and help with your enrolment.
To express your interest in any of the degrees or single subjects on offer through OUA – fill out the form below and a friendly Student Advisor will get in contact. Otherwise, head over to our website to browse over 150 degrees and 1300 subjects from leading Australian universities.