It’s great to have a few simple and time-saving ideas up your sleeve as a beginner, whether you’re a small business start-up or an independent contractor. Here are our top five tools for beginners:
Simple and free graphic design starts with Canva, allowing you to create flyers, presentations, posters, business cards and more! Canva allows you to get creative without the ‘designer software’ price tag.
- Online – design wherever you are
- Search and drag
- 1 million font options
- Easy photo editing
- Collaborate on a global scale
Picmonkey lets you get creative with more options for your photos; edit, touch up, create visuals for social media or invites or create collages from your online profiles.
Design for everything! 99 Designs does it all, from designing your new logo, creating your brand identity to t-shirts and packaging. There are different payment packages to suit different budgets, ranging from $399 to $1699.
There are five steps to getting your design through 99designs:
- Build your design brief
- Choose a package to suit your budget
- Launch your contest – start a global brainstorm to help your design
- Receive designs to review & give your feedback
WordPress is promoted as being ‘the best place for your personal blog or business site’, WordPress is free, and easy to use, offering you a powerful platform that you can develop as you go.
- Get a custom domain name
- You’ll be search engine and SEO friendly
- Get support
- Premium plans available
- Millions of users
Envato is a pretty cool and comprehensive creative ‘ecosystem’. And by ecosystem we mean it has three separate but connected sites and services:
- Envato Market offers a huge collection of digital products to purchase that includes stock images, audio files, video files, website templates, plugins – you get the idea.
- Envato Studio can sort you out with hand-picked producers and designers to do the work for you if you don’t have the time or skills to DIY, from written content to design, logos, animation and mobile app development.
- Tuts + provides online instructional video courses and tutorials, covering everything from WordPress administration to commercial photography, web design and digital code. They also have free courses which are also pretty cool.