Student coaching and counselling service
If you're struggling with a personal matter or worried about anything – whether it relates to your study or not – knowing there's someone you can talk to can really help.
All current OUA students can access free and confidential* appointments with our Student Counsellors. They are professionally qualified and experienced counsellors who are able to provide assistance with many issues, including:
- Dealing with study anxiety
- Stresses relating to student life
- Personal problems
- Health and welfare issues that are impacting upon your studies
- Professional and career concerns
Appointments can be by phone, email or by Skype. The Student Counsellors can also put you in touch with other health and wellbeing professionals in your local area or at your provider university.
How to make a Counselling appointment
Enrolled students can access this service directly by phone on 1300 923 804 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can set up a Skype session via email, as well.
You can make an appointment between 9am and 5pm from Monday to Friday (Australian Eastern Standard or Daylight Time)**
When contacting the Student Counsellors you'll be asked to provide some personal details, such as your name, student number, a contact number and in some cases additional information.
Want to speak with a coach?
No worries. Head over to our Student Coaching page.
* The OUA student coaching and counselling service respects the privacy of all students and holds information obtained in the course of professional service in confidence, except where the law demands otherwise or where there are ethical or moral reasons not to do so.
** If you're seeking support outside these hours, you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14. Emergency services can be contacted on 000. You can also visit beyondblue's national help lines webpage for a comprehensive list of support services.