Student support services
Student coaching and counselling service
Being an online student can mean juggling family, work, friendships and of course study. We know that a healthy balance isn't always easy to maintain, and lots of students find themselves looking for advice about how to manage their time, how to create a flexible study timetable and how to make sure their wellbeing isn't affected by the competing demands.
That's why we offer a student coaching and counselling service.
Our Student Coaches can help you with:
- Managing your time and your workload
- Motivation and procrastination
- Exam preparation
- Accessing tips and resources on essay writing (and academic writing in general) and referencing
- Balancing your responsibilities (home, family, work, study, etc.)
- Working out the best study load for you
Learn more about OUA student coaches
Our Student Counsellors can help you with:
- Stresses relating to student life
- Dealing with study anxiety
- Personal problems
- Health and welfare issues that are impacting upon your studies
- Managing work/study/life balance
Learn more about OUA student counselling
What the coaching and counselling service doesn't cover
It's important to know that there are a few areas our coaching and counselling service won't be able to help you with. They include:
Student Coaches aren't tutors and can't help with question specific to an area of study or to your unit. That's something your provider university Unit Tutor or Coordinator can give you advice on.
You can find contact details for your Unit Tutor or Coordinator on your provider university portal or learning management system (LMS).
Student Coaches can't read your assignments or essays.
If you'd like some advice on an essay you've written, you should try Smarthinking, the 24/7 online tutoring support service or contact your provider university Unit Tutor or Coordinator.
Administrative and technical help
If you'd like to get help with admin tasks like enrolling or planning your studies, or if you're not sure about something on our website, you should contact a Student Advisor.