Changing your study

Leave of absence for CSP students

As a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) student you can take a break from your studies by applying for Leave of Absence from your course.

When you submit your Leave of Absence form, we will forward it to your course provider for review. Your provider will then let you know whether your application was approved. If your application is approved, we'll record this against your profile until further notice.

How do I apply for a Leave of Absence?

  1. First check your course provider's guidelines for Leaves of Absence, including the limits on Leaves of Absence, as well as eligibility criteria. These are available on each provider's website, and can be confirmed by contacting your provider's Student Administration department.
  2. Refer to Key Dates to assess whether you'll incur a financial and/or academic penalty.
  3. Complete the Leave of Absence form (PDF, 177 KB) and submit to

What happens after I apply?

  1. We will submit your completed Leave of Absence application to your provider on your behalf.
  2. Your provider will assess your suitability.
  3. Following the assessment of your application, your provider will notify you of the outcome.

If you have any questions about applying for a Leave of Absence, please contact a Student Advisor.