Changing your study
Leave of absence for CSP students
As a Commonwealth supported student, you can take a break from your studies by applying for leave of absence from your course.
When you submit your leave of absence form, we'll forward it to your university for review. Then, your university will let you know whether your application was approved. If your application is approved, we'll record this against your profile until further notice.
How do I apply for a leave of absence?
- First check your university's guidelines for leaves of absence, including the limits on leaves of absence, as well as eligibility criteria. These are available at your university's website, and can be confirmed by contacting your university's Student Administration department.
- See Key Dates to find out if you'll incur a financial and/or academic penalty.
- Complete the Leave of Absence form (PDF, 177 KB) and send it to us at email@example.com.
What happens after I apply?
- We'll submit your Leave of Absence application to your university on your behalf.
- Your university will assess your suitability.
- Following the assessment of your application, your university will notify you of the outcome.
If you have any questions about applying for a leave of absence, please contact a Student Advisor.