Changing your study

Withdrawing from a CSP course

You can apply to withdraw from a Commonwealth supported place (CSP) course at any time during your study. To minimise any financial or academic penalty, you must complete your application before the Census Date of your study term.

Withdrawing options

It's important to keep in mind that you should only complete the Course Withdrawal or Discontinuation form on this page if you wish to withdraw from your course entirely or if you wish to withdraw as a CSP student but would like to continue your studies through Open Universities Australia (OUA).

If you wish to withdraw from one or more units, but continue your CSP course, there is a different withdrawal process (see below).

Withdrawing from units but continuing with CSP

You can withdraw from one or more units without withdrawing from a CSP course.

To withdraw from CSP a unit(s) only, do not complete the form on this page. Instead follow the withdrawing instructions on Changing your study section of our website.

Applying for a withdrawal or discontinuation

To apply for Course Withdrawal or Discontinuation from your CSP studies, you must complete this form:

Course Withdrawal/Discontinuation form (PDF, 184 KB)

Withdrawing from CSP but continuing with OUA

By filling out the form above you will be withdrawing from the government loan program  (HECS-HELP) for that course. However, you don't have to stop studying all together. There are several other payment methods that allow you to study courses, or individual units, with OUA. These include:

After you've applied to withdraw

Once you've submitted your application, we'll process it and, on your behalf, notify the university that provides the course.

You'll receive a confirmation email from our Student Support team. If you have any questions regarding the status of your application please contact an OUA Student Advisor on 1300 363 652.