Changing your study

Changing your study doesn't have to be a stressful process.

We have simplified the process for students wanting to change units or study programs. Swapping units or withdrawing units can now be done directly through OUA.

Read through the relevant information pages for key dates, penalty information and refund information to see what applies to your situation. If you would like to chat with one of our Student Advisors, call 1300 363 652 or contact us online through our Online Enquiry Form.

How do I swap units?

If you've changed your mind and want to swap to another unit, you usually can do so without cost until the Close of Enrolment date for your study term. Before you request a unit swap, make sure you understand any fees or restrictions associated with swapping units./p>

Read How do I swap units? for more information.


Circumstances can change, and we understand that sometimes students need to withdraw from their units. If you think you might not be able to continue, check out your options and be sure you understand any penalties that might apply to withdrawing.

Read Withdrawing for more information.

Withdrawing from a CSP course

You can apply to withdraw from your Commonwealth supported place course at any time during your study. To minimise any financial or academic penalty, complete your application before the census date of the study term in which you are enrolled.

Read Withdrawing from a CSP course for more information.

Leave of absence for CSP students

As an enrolled student in a Commonwealth supported place, you can take a break from your studies by applying for a leave of absence from your course.

Read Leave of absence for CSP students for more information.