Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Master of Marketing
Advance your knowledge in marketing with strategic skills
Build on your existing marketing knowledge with skills in managing risk associated with business decisions. Learn to communicate complex digital marketing information. Apply research and generate insights for digital content.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- 13 Feb 22
- 15 May 22
- 14 Aug 22
- 08 Nov 22
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this Course the learner will be able to :
- apply specialised knowledge theories, models and concepts relevant to digital marketing and be proficient in their application.
- critically analyse the digital marketing environment and think creatively to generate strategic solution; apply logical; rational and reflective processes in high level decision making that is ethical, responsible and sustainable.
- analyse and synthesise complex information, problems and concepts by applying established marketing theories and principles and demonstrating technical skills in digital marketing practice.
- develop effective oral and written skills to communicate complex digital marketing information to a variety of audiences; and apply research methodologies to generate insight for reports and digital content.
- develop an understanding of digital marketing strategies, dynamics and platforms and apply this knowledge to construct digital campaign strategies for delivering and refining content across a broad spectrum of digital contexts and environments.
- employ an intellectual curiosity that is able to integrate new information with existing knowledge, and develop a lifelong attitude of continuing professional development in the marketing discipline including formulation of strategic solutions to diverse problems related to marketing services and products in local and international contexts.
- evaluate digital marketing principles and techniques in adapting to global market in a constantly changing networked economy.
- recognise the nature of cultural trends and diversity in various societies and apply decision making skills that incorporate ethical and social and global perspectives in order to adapt or to develop culturally sensitive efforts in marketing.
- apply professional proficiency in the utilisation of information and technology in marketing contexts as well as developing effective independent or collaborative work skills to ethically apply specialised knowledge and expert judgement to marketing tasks.
Specifically applicants require, an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline AND minimum of 3 years relevant workplace learning OR a relevant Graduate Certificate.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants need to meet Curtin’s English Language requirement as all degrees are taught in English.
If your education degrees were not solely in English, as per the International Handbook of Universities or the World Higher Education database please attach a scanned original copy of English Proficiency Test results. Admission requires an overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) (or equivalent test) score of at least 6.5 and competence in all test components (IELTS score of 6.0).
Please refer to the 'Minimum English Entry Requirements' document at https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/.
Applicants are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards; details are provided at https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/accepted-english-proficiency-tests/
*** Please Note: If any academic or legal document is not in English, you must provide a colour scan of the non-English documents, including a colour scan of the official English translations of these documents. This is for comparison purposes. ***
Students may be expected to purchase a number of textbooks and other essential study materials.
Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) is assessed on individual merit and is awarded for different types of learning, for example, studies you have previously completed or for relevant work experience. Students must be admitted in an award degree of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all required supporting documentation for a formal assessment. To apply for CRL, please visit the Curtin University website: https://study.curtin.edu.au/credit/
It is important to note accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and back; in colour; and original size. For further information see the scanned documents and certification requirements and guidelines. More information about the policies and procedures related to CRL assessment and appealing a CRL assessment outcome can be found in the Credit for Recognised Learning manual (PDF).
Applications for credit towards a course are assessed on an individual basis. Credit reduces the amount of learning required to complete the course and may be granted for formal education qualifications, non-formal learning from non-award programs of study and informal learning through work experiences. Further information can be found at http://futurestudents.curtin.edu.au/non-school-leavers/rpl.cfm
Designed for applicants wanting to gain advanced knowledge in marketing and increase their strategic decision-making skills. The course builds on existing skills, improving participants' ability to manage the risk and uncertainty associated with all marketing decisions.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students must complete 8 subjects in the course structure to successfully complete this program.
To graduate with the Master of Marketing, Students must complete 8 subjects in the course structure to successfully complete this program.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.