Master of Laws in Commercial Law
Specialise in focused commercial law
Take your understanding of commercial law to the next level. You’ll study advanced-level commercial law subjects. These include electives that range from start-up law to international tourism law, IT law and more – allowing you to focus on your interests.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Bond University does things differently. Your lecturers will know you and your tutors will invest time in you, so that your learning will get the attention it deserves. It's this individual approach that the university believes sets them apart. It's also why, for 13 years running, Bond University has received the highest possible ranking for student experience in Australia from the independent Good Universities Guide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of the degree students will be able to:
- demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of a range of specialised commercial law topics
- demonstrate high level legal reasoning, research, and communication skills in the context of each of these specialised commercial law topics and their application to legal theory, legal scholarship and legal professional practice
- apply their legal knowledge and skills with creativity, initiative, personal autonomy and accountability in the solving of complex legal problems, the resolution of complex legal disputes and the planning and execution of substantial research projects.
The Master of Laws provides a postgraduate qualification in commercial law to compliment and enhance your skills and advance your career in the area.
The Master of Laws in Commercial Law is offered to students who have completed a professional law qualification such as a Bachelor of Laws, Juris Doctor, or equivalent.
Please contact the Office of Future Students for further information.
English Proficiency Requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English Language Proficiency Requirements for university study.
Applicants from a non-English speaking background must achieve an IELTS score of at least 6.5, with no single band less than 6. Bond also accepts other English language tests including TOEFL, iBT, CAE and PTE.
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
The Master of Laws in Commercial Law (LLM-CL) is a postgraduate program offered by the Faculty of Law for law graduates. The program provides students with the opportunity to enhance their understanding of commercial law and legal practice by completing advanced-level law subjects. The program develops students’ advanced legal research and writing skills and enhances their ability to critically analyse and evaluate complex commercial law issues within a variety of contexts.
The Master of Laws in Commercial Law comprises 80 credit points of law subjects chosen from the list below:
- LAWS77-806 Energy Law
- LAWS77-577 Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law
- LAWS77-552 Global Investment Banking Law
- LAWS77-521 Global Sports Law and Governance
- LAWS77-578 International Commercial Dispute Resolution
- LAWS77-579 International Corporate Law
- LAWS77-734 International Financial Systems Law
- LAWS77-580 International Sales and Transport Law
- LAWS77-805 Law and Social Justice: Supporting Capacity and Capability
- LAWS77-110 The Digital Lawyer