Graduate Diploma of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
A step on your journey in university teaching
A highly focused postgraduate course for students working towards their Masters or preparing to teach adult learners in a university setting. Cover off curriculum, assessment, and evaluation. Pick from electives including leadership and globalisation.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On completion of this program students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes
- Critically evaluate contemporary theories and practices and current trends in learning and teaching in higher education to inform innovative and effective practices
- Critically evaluate the higher education literature to generate scholarly and evidence-based practice
- Solve complex learning and teaching challenges in higher education curriculum and the classroom
- Create and evaluate curriculum design, teaching and learning strategies and assessment practices that are inclusive and promote student engagement with complex ideas in their discipline
- Apply technology enhanced learning to promote student engagement and deep learning
- Implement continuing professional learning plans using life-long learning attributes.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Diploma of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education applicants must meet the following specific requirements:
Possession of a Bachelor’s award (AQF level 7 qualification) in a relevant field;
Possession of a Graduate Certificate (AQF level 8 qualification) in Learning and Teaching for Higher Education
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
This highly-focused program provides opportunities for you to apply your knowledge of current perspectives about university teaching. You will finish the program with the capabilities to teach from a learner-centred approach, incorporate technology to enhance student engagement, and grow in a community of practice to create pedagogical research projects. The Program is underpinned by a growth model that recognises that higher education teachers are learners, and that growth requires a scholarly approach. With this in mind, the program has been created so that you can complete four courses to earn the Graduate Certificate and another four (eight courses in total) to earn the Graduate Diploma. It also provides the foundation for the proposed Master in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education by coursework.
Recommended Study Pattern
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Diploma of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education students must complete a minimum of 200 Units of Credit chosen from the courses listed below;
Five (5) Compulsory Courses
- EDUC5115 Introduction to Teaching in Higher Education
- EDUC5116 Designing Curriculum for Effective learning
- EDUC5117 Principles and Practices of Assessment and Evaluation
- EDUC5011 Introduction to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- PHIL6020 Ethical Issues in Professional Life
Three Elective Courses
- EDUC5119 Supervising Postgraduate Research
- EDUC5012 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples in Higher Education
- EDUC5009 Global Learning in Higher Education
- EDUC5013 Leadership in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- EDUC5014 Learning and Teaching for Optimal Wellbeing
This program is only offered part-time.
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Diploma of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education students must complete a minimum of 200 Units of Credit chosen from the courses listed under Recommended Study Pattern.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.