Graduate Diploma in Marketing
Find your way in the communications industry
Learn the basics of marketing. Explore the fascinating psychology behind consumer behaviour. Understand the value of market research and different advertising channels. Graduate with the knowledge you need to choose a marketing speciality.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Evaluate and critique marketing problems and opportunities for a range of specialist marketing areas.
- Articulate a marketing position to diverse audiences.
- Identify and develop innovative solutions to solve complex marketing problems using contemporary marketing approaches.
To be eligible for an offer, applicants must have:
- Completion of an undergraduate AQF level 7 degree in an Australian higher education institution or the equivalent standard in any other institution.
Work and Life
Qualifications, relevant work experience or other special circumstances, as approved by the Executive Dean or delegated authority.
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
The Graduate Diploma in Marketing is a 12 month full-time or part-time equivalent course offered by the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics. The course is full fee-paying, which means that you will be charged at the full fee-paying rate listed for each subject.
This course provides an introduction to Marketing principles for students who are new to the discipline, or who only have limited experience in Marketing. Successful completion of this course will give students a solid foundation in Marketing fundamentals, and can be built on through further studies to achieve the level of competency required to become a Marketing professional.
Please note: Due to subject availabilities, Semester 2 commencement is only available to students with a cognate background.
Recommended Study Pattern
Year 1. 8 subjects in first year including:
- TAS-BMA506 Foundations of Marketing
- TAS-BMA604 Consumer Decision-Making
- TAS-BMA606 Services Marketing
- TAS-BMA610 Digital and Social Media Marketing
- TAS-BMA611 Market Research and Decision-Making
- TAS-BMA736 Integrated Marketing Communications
- TAS-BMA737 New Product and Service Development
- TAS-BMA785 International Marketing
Successful completion of 8 subjects as outlined in the schedule of subject offerings, finishing within 1 years
Students will be permitted to exit the course and graduate with the Undergraduate Certificate in Counselling exit award where the requirements of the exit award have been met.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.