Graduate Diploma in Business Start-Up
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- 30 Oct 22
- 06 Feb 22
- 26 Jun 22
- 25 Jan 22
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful complete of this program, students should be able to:
- Critically evaluate foundational and contemporary management and entrepreneurship theories, principles and processes and reflect on their efficacy in current practice.
- Explain and critique theoretical propositions, methodologies and conclusions and apply these to complex management problems and business ideas to diverse audiences.
- Identify and evaluate business opportunities for enabling innovative solutions in an enterprise context.
For entry to this course, you need to have: an undergraduate degree or above in any discipline, or equivalent, from an approved tertiary institution; or qualifications, relevant work experience or other special circumstances, as approved by the Executive Dean or delegated authority
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
The Graduate Diploma in Business Startup offers students the opportunity to complete a postgraduate qualification in Business with a focus on leading innovation and entrepreneurship. Studying the Business Startup program equips the graduate with the tools and language needed to succeed as a business leader and to think with an entrepreneurial mindset.
This course can also be taken as a pathway to future MBA studies.
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended. If students are undertaking part-time study, we recommend that students complete all first year compulsory subjects prior to completing elective subjects to maximise success.
8 core subjects including:
- BAA539 Fundamentals of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- BAA612 Enterprise Communication
- BAA746 Resource and Risk Management
- BFA526 Accounting for Managers
- BFA527 Corporate Sustainability
- BMA501 Fundamentals of Management
- BMA506 Foundations of Marketing
- BMA608 New Product and Service Development
Satisfactory completion of 8 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 5 years from commencement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.