Graduate Certificate of Information Technology
An introduction to IT
Gain an overview of IT fundamentals and build a foundation for further study in the field. You’ll work on programming skills and explore computer science. This course could be the start of your IT career or exciting studies in AI, cybersecurity, and more.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 25 Dec 22
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of general concepts in Information technology.
- Use critical thinking to solve problems in selected areas of information technology.
- Apply appropriate information technology concepts to solve common practical real-world problems in a professionally responsible manner.
- Communicate information technology concepts to wider management and other IT professionals in both written and oral form.
- Conduct professional work ethically and with integrity and appropriate regard to security and intellectual property implications.
- Business or venture analyst
- Cybersecurity consultant
- Data analyst
- Database designer
- Information technology researcher or developer
- Network administrator
- Penetration tester
- Project manager
- Security consultant
- Software developer
- Systems administrator
- Vulnerability assessor
AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
The required standard of English for this program is:
- Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent.
- All applicants to coursework programs at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
- For more information on accepted equivalents, please see English Language Requirements.
With recognition of prior learning (RPL), you could get credit for your prior study and experience, reducing the duration of your studies. Credit is awarded for formal and informal or non-formal learning. Find out more.
Graduate Certificate of Information Technology gives you an overview of computer programming and the fundamentals of computer science. It provides an introduction to the field and a foundation for further study. Following completion of the course, you can undertake further study in one of our master degrees in artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, networking, information systems management, internet of things or data science.
Recommended Study Pattern
You must study:
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
You may choose three elective subjects from the following list:
- Data Science
- Web Technology
- Database Systems
- Cyber Security Management in Practice
- Enterprise Systems Integration
- Management of IT Systems and
- Applications Modelling and Development
- Data Communications
The order in which you study subjects may depend upon when you commence your degree and the pace of your study. Some subjects are only available at certain times of the year.
This postgraduate coursework degree requires completion of four subjects.