Graduate Certificate of Human Resource Management
Grow your HR career
Take the first steps in a formal education towards human resources management and leadership. Communicate, work in a team, and problem solve in the contemporary business environment. Recruit, select, plan and develop. Get to know IR laws and issues.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
ECU has been ranked one of the world’s best young universities and Australia’s best public university for teaching quality. That quality extends to more than 6,000 students studying online. ECU offers the same quality of teaching to you, regardless of where you’re studying in the world. Their flexible study solutions include a huge range of online courses, recognising your need to juggle work, family or other commitments.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Career opportunities exist in the fields of human resources, recruitment, selection and performance management. The course will ensure graduates are able to operate within a business-driven human resources environment.
All applicants are required to have a Bachelor's degree in a discipline other than Human Resource Management when using prior qualifications as a basis for application. Applicants with at least five years appropriate professional experience will also be considered.
Work and Life
Equivalent prior learning including at least five years relevant professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
This course gives students the skills to become future human resource managers and leaders who are able to meaningfully contribute to organisational success by developing skills and knowledge in people management.
It provides students with an understanding of the people management challenges within contemporary organisations, and will begin to build students' skills in communication, teamwork, critical thinking and problem-solving.
Students are required to complete the following units:
- MAN5730 HRM Fundamentals
- MAN6706 Developing Individuals, Leaders and Organisations
- MAN6708 Managing Employment Relations