Graduate Certificate of Finance
Move into finance study for the first time
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 12 Jul 20
- 15 Nov 20
This research-intensive university in north-western Sydney offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees. With over 30,000 current students, Macquarie has a strong reputation for welcoming international students and embracing flexible and convenient study options, including its partnership with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On successful completion you will be able to
1. Understand theories, concepts, models and recent developments in finance.
2. Apply specialised technical skills required to evaluate the theories, concepts, models and recent developments in finance.
3.Evaluate established knowledge and critically analyse issues in finance.
4. Solve finance problems using professional judgement.
5. Communicate effectively with specialist and non-specialist audiences.
6. Analyse contemporary industry challenges and ethical issues in a global financial context.
With a Graduate Certificate of Finance from the Macquarie Applied Finance Centre, employers will recognise your formal introduction to the banking and finance sector, and your structured understanding of the sector's integral role in the modern economy. The Graduate Certificate of Finance will develop your quantitative skills that are used in finance, as well as your critical, analytical and interpretative skills. These are sought after skills and key to your employability in the sector.
Macquarie Business School is accredited by international accreditation body Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide, making our graduates more employable.
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent, or
Work and Life
Five years (full-time equivalent) of relevant professional work experience
English Proficiency Requirements
The required standard of English for this program is:
Academic IELTS of 6.5 overall with minimum 6.0 in each band, or equivalent.
All applicants to coursework programs at Macquarie University are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English.
For more information on accepted equivalents, please see English Language Requirements.
Macquarie's Graduate Certificate of Finance (OUA) is a comprehensive Gateway course in graduate finance. This award offers a pathway for non-finance-related degree holders to the Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and the Master of Applied Finance, providing that work experience admission requirements of the higher degree are met. It will also appeal to those students who want postgraduate level learning in finance as a stand-alone award.
Recommended Study Pattern
Core Zone - 40 credit points
Complete each subject below:
- AFCX6016 Finance Principles - 10 credit points
- AFCX6017 Case Studies in Applied Finance - 10 credit points
- AFCX6018 Quantitative and Economic Analysis - 10 credit points
- AFCX6019 Financial Statement Analysis and Modelling - 10 credit points
Completion of 40 credit points in the Core Zone.
- Official Academic Transcript(s) with conferral date
- Proof of Citizenship or Residency Status (i.e. passport)
- Log of continuing professional development activities over the last two years.
- List of industry professional memberships where membership has been held for more than one year.
- Proof of successful completion of professional accreditation.
Additional documentation (non-standard entry)
Additional documentation is required for applicants that do not have a Bachelor's Degree (or higher) but have 5+ years (full time equivalent) professional work experience.
Applicants without a Bachelor degree may be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate of Finance. You will need to demonstrate a willingness and an ability to study and have at least five years professional work experience. The following additional documentation is required:
- Personal statement form PDF, 498.09 KB – (Download for completion, word limit 350 words).
- Summary of Project/Tasks PDF, 554.54 KB (Download for completion, word limit 700 words)
Choose subjects to begin.
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.