Graduate Certificate in Professional Studies
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 04 Jul 21
- 24 Oct 21
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
What's next for your career? You may need to boost your skills to secure a promotion, or you could be looking for a qualification to nudge you into a new line of work. Our Graduate Certificate in Professional Studies allows you to choose your own courses (subjects) to create a personalised qualification that will take you where you want to go.
You can pick and mix four courses from the range of suggested courses below or choose from any of our postgraduate course offerings.
You can tailor your learning experience by selecting the courses most relevant to your aspirations, ensuring that you are getting the knowledge and skills you specifically need to achieve your career goals and optimise your employability.
We have curated and developed a collection of future-focused courses that are mapped to the skills that will be in high demand over the next five years and guided by the latest research into the future of work from LinkedIn, the World Economic Forum and the Queensland Government's Economic Recovery Strategy.
With the freedom to choose your courses, you'll receive an education that's flexible and tailored to your development needs. For each course you complete towards your graduate certificate, you will receive a digital badge that will verify and showcase your new knowledge and skills to employers. The digital badge will also provide you with real-time labour market insights in your chosen learning area. Our flexible study options put you in control of how fast or slow you study, how study fits around your life and how it benefits you.
This program is suited for people that are looking to advance their career and be better enabled for the emerging economy and the challenges it is creating across a range of occupations and professions. The career opportunities are diverse depending on the study pathway that each student engages with. The program will help build new skills and prepare graduates for the future world of work.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Professional Studies, an applicant must:
- hold a Bachelor degree or higher from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 4.0 (using a 7.0 point scale), OR
- have a minimum of three years equivalent full-time professional work experience, OR
- have a combination of alternative admission criteria such as formal, informal and non-formal learning deemed to be equivalent to the above.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website: