Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice
Create the degree your career needs
Get the freedom to explore, while supporting your career goals. Map your degree progress against your career plan, with the help of qualified career counsellors. Tailor your choices, right down to the topic, content and nature of assessment.
Applications have closed. Find another degree.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
Upon completion of this degree, students will be able to:
- curate a compelling professional identity and philosophy, and demonstrate the ability to critically communicate this to both specialist and non-specialist audiences;
- demonstrate professional leadership capabilities, identify professional opportunities or challenges and devise strategies to respond or resolve using an evidence-based approach; and
- model specialist knowledge, research and communication skills that contribute to life-long application in their professional career.
Being a highly tailored degree, the career opportunities are very specific to each individual. Depending on your career aspirations, the award may help to:
- diversify skill sets to create more career choices;
- hone specialist skills to give a competitive edge in a chosen field; or
- provide new skills to take your career in a new direction.
Hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree in any discipline.
English Proficiency Requirements
(5)When an IELTS (International English Language Testing System), TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or PTE (Pearson Test of English) score is used to demonstrate English proficiency, that score must have been attained within two years of the date of application for admission.
STANDARD MINIMUM ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
(6)At least one of the following criteria must be met:
- English is the applicant's first language; or
- Satisfactory completion, within five years of the date of application for admission to UNE, of at least one year of full-time or equivalent full-time study at senior secondary, post-secondary or tertiary level in a country in which English is the primary official language or co-official language and in which English was the sole medium of instruction and assessment for the particular period of study claimed, resulting in an AQF award or an award recognised by the National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition (NOOSR); or
- A pass grade or better in an English language subject at Australian Year 12 level or overseas equivalent; or
- An IELTS (Academic) overall score of at least 6.0 with no sub-band less than 5.5; or equivalent TOEFL score of at least 213 in the computer-based test; or at least 79 in the internet-based test with no less than 22 in the written component; or a PTE Academic minimum overall score of 57 with no skill less than 50; or
- Satisfactory completion of the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) program:
- at the University of New England English Language Centre; or
- an equivalent EAP program at an Australian university NEAS-accredited English Language Centre (subject to certification from the university concerned that satisfactory completion of that university's EAP program would entitle the applicant to be accepted into a comparable award-bearing program at that university); or
- at a non-university NEAS-accredited English Language Provider that has a formal agreement with UNE under which it provides an equivalent EAP Program; or
- a NEAS-accredited TAFE NSW EAP Program.
For information regarding Recognition of Prior Learning, please visit:
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice is a bespoke degree which gives you the freedom to choose subjects across subject areas, and assemble them into your own unique degree.
Up to half of the Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice is derived from the knowledge that you have already gained in your work and life. This knowledge is recognised and combined with subjects that will give you the new knowledge you need now and in the future.
Your experience is reflected in a portfolio which forms the basis of assessment for the core subject 'Developing Your Professional Practice'. All career skills and knowledge are relevant, including formal learning and life and workplace experience. This means that you have completed a significant step toward your Graduate Certificate before you even begin, saving you valuable time.
Your individual circumstances are unique, so an academic success adviser will help you to plan your Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice and will be there for advice all the way.
Recommended Study Pattern
DYPP500A and any three (3) OUA Elective Subjects approved by the Course Coordinator.
To qualify for the award a candidate must pass 4 subjects including DYPP500A.
Choose your subjects
Any three (3) OUA subjects approved by the Course Coordinator.
Students must contact UNE with their intent to graduate.
Guide to graduation: http://www.une.edu.au/current-students/graduation