Graduate Certificate in Logistics Management
Begin forging your path in professional logistics
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 28 Jun 20
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon successful completion, students will be able to:
- Identify and explain core logistics management concepts, practices and processes
- Develop cognitive skills to collect and evaluate information to address basic problems faced by logistics managers
- Apply logistics management knowledge and judgment to demonstrate adaptability as a practitioner in logistics management
- Communicate logistics management ideas in a comprehensive way for general audience
- Evaluate ethical and legal considerations for logistics management tasks
With logistics the fastest growing industry globally, there are many possibilities for you to choose.
The organisations connected with logistics industries are very diverse, including for instance large private companies, entrepreneurial start-ups and government entities. The diversity creates many opportunities for your career progression, both globally and domestically. For example, the logistics industry encompasses warehousing, road freight, air freight, freight forwarding and distribution.
Many organisations may have a primary focus on manufacturing or international business, which will necessitate that they have internal departments involved in logistics, supply chain management and international trade, creating more opportunities.
An undergraduate degree from an Australian higher education institution or the equivalent standard in any other institutions.
Work and Life
At least three (3) year managerial work experience.
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
The Graduate Certificate of Logistics Management (1-semester of full-time study or equivalent) provides a comprehensive postgraduate course for people who wish to seek professional careers in the globally spanning domain of logistics management, logistics strategies and supply chain management. In this program, students acquire specific knowledge and skills to manage and coordinate logistics operations, as well as to formulate, design and implement logistics strategies and systems in a diverse range of industries such as manufacturing, retail, agribusiness, etc.
Students will obtain knowledge and skills to develop solutions for a range of complex issues faced by organisations engaged in both domestic and international logistics business activities. The core units of the program are in business logistics and supply chain management. Core knowledge is enhanced by degree electives such as eLogistics, eCommerce logistics management, and project management. Students may opt to gain a better understanding of the maritime industry as a major element of global supply chains, with units such as port management, commercial shipping management.
Graduates are also able to enhance their managerial skills through units in human resource management, strategic management, lean thinking, and leadership. These sets of skills enrich managerial skills and analytical abilities to assist career progression to more senior roles.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students undertaking the Graduate Certificate of Logistics Management complete units totalling 50 credit points.
- Complete 4 of the following subjects:
- TAS-JNB508 Research Methods
- TAS-JNB512 International Trade
- TAS-JNB513 International Human Resource Management
- TAS-JNB514 Transformational Leadership
- TAS-JNB515 Knowledge Management
- TAS-JNB516 Port Management and Strategy
- TAS-JNB517 Management
- TAS-JNB518 Finance for Decision-Making
- TAS-JNB519 Strategic Management
- TAS-JNB520 Maritime Law
- TAS-JNB522 Business Logistics
- TAS-JNB524 Supply Chain Management
- TAS-JNB526 International Maritime Policy
- TAS-JNB534 Commercial Ship Management
- TAS-JNB728 Industry Research Project
Satisfactory completion of 4 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 1.5 years from commencement.
Choose subjects to begin.
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.