Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Corrosion Engineering (full-time only)
Advance your engineering career
This course is discounted under the Government’s Higher Education Relief Package when studied full-time from May-December, 2020. Study the principles of corrosion. including causes and management. Ideal for science and engineering graduates.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Subjects may require attendance
- 16 Aug 20
- 15 Nov 20
- 01 Nov 20
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On completion of the graduate certificate students will be able to:
- apply corrosion theories and principles to account for corrosion causes, failures and prevention strategies
- analyse a range of practical corrosion-related problems (case-studies) or situations potentially impacted by corrosion and propose viable and/or creative solutions
- acquire relevant corrosion-related data from the literature and other sources, and interpret or re-interpret the data in synthesising practical reports
- use professional language and technically accurate written work to effectively communicate with corrosion engineers, operators and managers
- describe the corrosion characteristics of engineering materials, corrosion testing methods, prevention technologies, and explain their strength and limitations
- demonstrate self-reliance, motivation and initiative in planning and managing own learning
- describe major international corrosion prevention standards and practices, and their differences
- be aware of the cultural impact of engineering or related operations
- demonstrate behaviours which support and uphold expectations of practicing engineers and the engineering profession.
Corrosion and Material Engineer, Asset Integrity Engineer. In addition, corrosion is an interdisciplinary science. Therefore, engineers or scientists from different disciplines whose work may be relevant to degradation of metals and engineering materials either by unfolding mechanisms or designing prevention and control plans can also benefit from undertaking this degree.
Applicants generally require a Bachelor Degree or equivalent credit gained for recognised learning. Any specific degree entry and completion requirements must also be met. Specifically, applicants require a recognised bachelor degree in engineering or science, with the equivalent of first year chemistry, or recognised relevant work experience. Students via this pathway may be required to undertake additional not for degree subjects such as first year chemistry.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants need to meet Curtin’s English Language requirement as all degrees are taught in English. If your education degrees were not solely in English, as per the International Handbook of Universities or the World Higher Education database, please attach a scanned original copy of English Proficiency Test results. Admission requires an overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) (or equivalent test) score of at least 6.5 and competence in all test components (IELTS score of 6.0).
Please refer to the 'Minimum English Entry Requirements' document at http://students.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/English_List.pdf.
Applicants for a Graduate Certificate are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards; details are provided at: https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/accepted-english-proficiency-tests/.
*** Please Note: If any academic or legal document is not in English, you must provide a colour scan of the non-English documents, including a colour scan of the official English translations of these documents. This is for comparison purposes. ***
The Graduate Certificate in Corrosion Engineering is unique to the region and offers an opportunity to study from your home location. This degree provides an advanced professional qualification for graduates in engineering or science disciplines.
To obtain the award for the Graduate Certificate in Corrosion Engineering, students must complete all four core subjects
Choose subjects to begin.
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.