Communication Skills Short Courses
Upskill towards peak performance and communicate with confidence
Access expert trainers and industry professionals from the University of Adelaide—ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide. Plan, prepare and persuade to make the best impression.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide, The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities. Their graduates’ employability skills are among the highest in Australia. All courses help students achieve deep technical expertise, adaptive skills and an ability to investigate and integrate knowledge. This gives students the transferable capabilities to explore every future opportunity.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Pitching and Presenting Skills Masterclass
Develop the confidence to give a high-powered presentation, close a sale, and more with this practical course. With a focus on communication, you’ll build greater confidence through building purpose and structure in your pitches.
Dramatically improve your pitching success rate by combining planning, preparation and persuasion skills.
From the informative presentation to the “credentials pitch” to closing a sale, this practical proven high impact course takes you through the advanced presentation skills process, developing your individual skills and your approach to presenting.
Using best practice Art of the Pitch videos, this program will enhance your ability to communicate with greater confidence, purpose and structure. Your pitching and presenting style will be fine-tuned to develop a greater ability to deliver successful, high impact presentations.
Covered in this course:
- How to incorporate storytelling and visualisation into presentation
- The power and importance of making an emotional connection with the audience/client
- Strengths of each person’s own natural presentation style and how to use it
- The importance of structure and how to achieve it
- The importance of rehearsal and how to do it
- How to incorporate pitching best practices to win more business
You will gain:
- Increased confidence in planning and presenting to a range of audience types
- Practical tools and workbooks to assist you when you are ready to prepare the next pitch.
- An increased understanding of effective communication; verbally, visually and emotionally.
Your organisation will gain:
- By enhancing the confidence and conviction of your employees in presenting, pitching and communicating to customers and peers.
- Enabling your employees to focus on delivering a unique experience.
- By increasing conversion rates for new business opportunities.
- This course it suitable to senior leaders, senior business developers and entrepreneurs who need to present ideas, concepts and strategies to external clients, internal business partners and boards of directors.
- participants will receive a University of Adelaide Certificate of Completion.
- All online sessions are compulsory to achieve completion of course.
- The willingness to participate and engage with the instructor and other course participants.
Your course will be delivered via our online learning platform and you will need to have full access to the following:
- computer or tablet
- web browser Chrome or Firefox to view your course online
- webcam, headphones and microphone
- internet connection (broadband or 4G minimum)
Course Schedule and Duration:
7 hours over 3 weeks inclusive of 2 live learning sessions:
- Wednesday 16 September 2020; 1.00pm-4.00pm (ACST) - live virtual learning session 1
- Wednesday 23 September 2020; 1.00pm-4.00pm (ACST) - live virtual learning session 2
Access to online course activities opens one week prior to first live learning session.
- $595.00 GST Free.
- Some discounts available.
- Fee not supported by HECS/FEE HELP.