Bachelor of Information Technology and Data Analytics
Visualise a big IT career in big data
Learn core IT concepts, specialise in analytics, and round off with business electives to graduate workready. Develop expert skills to unlock big data’s potential and lock in your career progression. Become the problem solver that industry demands.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 16 Aug 20
- 15 Nov 20
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
During your studies, you’ll develop strong communication skills that will prepare you to present clear ideas and important business decisions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of an organisation.
You’ll learn to:
- Perform data exploration using visualisation, statistical techniques and data mining techniques to identify relationships and opportunities
- Perform predictive analytics on large data sets using an industry standard software tool set
- Use the R language for statistical analysis of large and complex data sets
- In the final year of your degree, you’ll work on authentic industry problems using real business scenarios.
You can tailor your degree to your interests and broaden your career prospects through your choice of electives. You can select four electives from any other UniSA Online degrees.
Graduates of this degree will be employable in a wide range of industries including travel and hospitality, health care, government, and retail and marketing.
Careers to consider:
- big data visualiser
- data scientist
- business data analyst
- web and software developer
- database designer
- information security analyst
This UniSA Online degree is currently available for Commonwealth supported students.
Applicants are required to fulfil at least one of the following requirements with a competitive result and meet any other academic requirements for the program:
- successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
- completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above
- passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience
- completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
- completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent
- qualified for Special Entry
Students who do not meet these criteria can start studying now by enrolling in the subjects below. Students will be eligible to apply upon successful completion of four subjects and all subjects will be credited towards the degree.
- INFT1022 Database Fundamentals
- INFS1023 Design Thinking and Digital Innovation
- INFT1024 Information Technology Fundamentals
- INFT1023 IT Project Management
- COMP1043 Problem Solving and Programming
- COMP1044 Programming Fundamentals
- INFS1024 Systems Analysis
For more information or if you are unsure of your eligibility please contact an OUA Student Advisor on 1300 729 424.
Information regarding credit can be found here:
Study IT and Data Analytics On Demand with UniSA Online and take full control over your study. Access support seven days a week, plan your study to fit around your life, view learning resources 24/7, and log into the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
Combining two highly sought after areas of technology – data analytics and information technology – this UniSA Online degree will help you enter the workforce, or advance your career in the revolutionary field of IT and big data.
Taught by leading researchers, you’ll learn to analyse and visualise rich data sources, how to spot data trends and to generate data management strategies.
Discover how data can be used to achieve organisational objectives, whether it be through cost reductions, faster and more effective decision making processes, or the development of new products and services.
The flexibility of this 100% online degree puts you in control of when and where you study. UniSA Online provide personalised and extended-hour support so you have the best chance to succeed and thrive in your studies.
Recommended Study Pattern
Note: The program structure is subject to change at any time. Information correct as at October 2017)
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning (CURR 3021)*
*This subject is common to all UniSA Online degrees and will be offered multiple times each year to enable students to commence their program of study at any time. Students who are studying part-time must take this subject first before they study any other subjects in their chosen degree. Students who are studying full time may take this subject and one other subject in the same study period.
- Information Technology Fundamentals (INFT 1024)
- Problem Solving and Programming (COMP 1043)
- Design Thinking and Digital Innovation (INFS 1023)
- Systems Analysis (INFS 1024)
- Programming Fundamentals (COMP 1044)
- IT Project Management (INFT 1023)
- Database Fundamentals (INFT 1022)
- Data Structures (COMP 2033)
- Elective 1, Notes:1,2
- Systems Design (INFS 2040)
- Elective 2, Notes: 1
- Web Development (INFT 2065)
- Elective 3, Notes: 1
- Interface Design, Interaction and Experience (INFT 1025)
- Elective 4, Notes: 1
- Statistics Using R (MATH 2032)
- Big Data Analytics (INFS 2039)
- Network Fundamentals (INFT 1026)
- Data Visualisation (INFS 3080)
- Business Analytics (INFS 3079)
- ICT Project (Part 1) (INFT 3039)
- Predictive Analytics (INFS 3081)
- ICT Project (Part 2) (INFT 3040)
Four electives in marketing from the list of six, including the first three in the list:
- Essentials of Marketing Planning (MARK 3021)
- Retailing (MARK 2036)
- Professional Development in Marketing (MARK 1017)
- Consumer Behaviour (MARK 1016)
- Business and Society (BUSS 1067)
- Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange (MAR1018).
Four electives in Management from the list of seven electives, including the first two in the list:
- Managing Decision Making (BUSS 3095)
- Organisational Behaviour (BUSS 2078)
- Business Operations (BUSS 2079)
- Management and Organisation (BUSS 2081)
- Accounting Principles for Business Decisions (ACCT 1010
- International Business Environment (BUSS2080)
- Business and Society (BUSS 1067)
1. Students must select a set of four related elective courses in a single area of study. Two predefined sets of suitable courses for electives are provided in the areas of management and marketing. Students may select other courses after consultation with, and approval from, their program directors.
2. Recognition for prior learning (RPL) may be granted for this course to students who have completed relevant work experience as per the UniSA Online RPL framework. Further credit will be assessed in line with the UniSA RPL policy.
Completion of 24 units including 4 electives.