Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship
Start-ups start here. Learn from the best in business.
Do you want a successful business? Torrens students' start-ups take off while earning their degree. Master the secrets of sales, leadership, project-management, and investment. Learn from business magnates and lead an established or new corporation.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Torrens' place in Laureate International Universities ensures that students graduate with more than a degree—they graduate from the largest education network in the world. Torrens is registered with the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and its courses comply with and are recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Torrens University proudly delivers practical online education to help develop high paying careers.
- Gain an In-depth understanding of the theories and dynamics of entrepreneurship and be able to identify legitimate business opportunities
- Devise and test innovative business models and access modern technologies to grow new businesses
- Engage with the local start-up landscape through incubators, accelerators, and investors
- Identify, analyse, and solve entrepreneurial challenges within new and established organisations
- Utilise digitally enhanced technologies and methodologies, to gain insights into market dynamics, trends, and opportunities
- Develop an understanding of the unique challenges that come with business ventures and learn how to overcome them
- Knowledge of the ‘triple bottom line’ of business, considering the impacts business decisions have on not only financial outcomes but social and environmental outcomes as well
- Start-up Founder
- Strategy Specialist
- Small Business Owner
- Management Consultant
- Business Innovator
- Financial Broker
- General Manager
- Development Officer
- Fundraising Manager
- Sales Executive
Successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent with an ATAR of 60+ OR;
Completion of a Certificate IV or above OR;
Work and Life
At least two years of professional experience.
You'll need to illustrate eligibility for the course by providing supporting documentation for one of the above options.
You may be able to get credit or RPL for some units of this course based on your previous education and work experience. This means the duration of the course may be reduced. Applicants are advised to contact the degree administrator.
Australia’s #1 industry focused online degree.
As the business world adapts to new challenges and changing business dynamics, the need for entrepreneurial thinking is stronger than ever. Globalisation, digital disruption, and the rise of start-up culture have fundamentally transformed the way businesses operate, creating new challenges and remarkable new opportunities for the enterprising individual.
- Learn practical enterprise skills of the 21st century - In a rapidly changing business world, whether launching a start-up or joining the workforce, graduates need practical experience and the ability to adapt to change and a readiness to handle big ideas.
- Build your own venture as part of your degree - Ducere’s unique learning and assessment model focuses on practical industry skills, achieved through holistic and applied assessment tasks. Throughout your degree, you will complete projects relevant to you, your current workplace, and your future business.
- No Exams - Instead you will be working on real business plans!
- You will develop an industry-relevant project portfolio as part of your degree.
- Attend dynamic industry events with course partners including KPMG, NAB, PwC, Telstra, LinkedIn, ATO and more
- Over 44% Of Ducere students gained an increase in remuneration or a promotion before graduating
- Receive dynamic insights from a global faculty of 250+ world leaders, including Presidents, Prime Ministers, billionaires, philanthropists, Fortune 500 CEOs, Start-up Pioneers, Nobel Peace Prize Winners and more
Recommended Study Pattern
Students have the option the complete the Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship at either full-time or part-time duration.
Full-time: 2 years
Part-time: 4 years
18 Core Subjects
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Business Model Analysis
- Corporate Structuring and Business Law
- Digital Business and Disruption
- Managing Money and Finance
- Practising Leadership
- Design Thinking for Business
- Big Data
- Social Enterprise
- Applied Entrepreneurship – Concept
- Development and Validation
- The Global Economy
- Management Strategy
- Advanced Digital Marketing
- Venture Capital Raising
Students are required to complete 18 core subjects and 6 elective subjects to be eligible for the Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship.
Choose your subjects
6 Elective Subjects
- Managerial Communication
- Competitive Market Positioning
- Introduction to Innovation
- Product Management
- Managing Diverse Workplaces
- Managing Employee Relations
- Organisational Change
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing of Services
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Stakeholder Management