La Trobe CSP On Campus to Online - 2016

This page is for past year, View 2017 course details.

Course summary

Course summary - 2016

Level: Undergraduate
Qualification: Bachelor Degree
Number of units: 1 units to complete

Download a course guide

Why fill out this form?
Required fields

Get advice on this course

Get advice on this course

Why fill out this form?
Required fields

Get advice on this course

Operating Hours

Standard hours

Mon - Fri: 8am - late

Sat & Sun: 9am - 5pm

All times in Australian Eastern
Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)

If you are currently an on campus Commonwealth supported place (CSP) student at La Trobe and would like to continue your studies off-campus, you can now do so through OUA as a cross - institutional student.

OUA's CSP On Campus to Online, offers students currently studying on campus the:

  • flexibility to continue their CSP studies online and;
  • assurance that any units studied online can be credited to their overall course.

Students currently studying a CSP course on campus and wanting to continue their CSP studies online through OUA, must supply a letter of approval from their university to support their application. This is to ensure that any OUA units completed will be credited to their course.

Please contact La Trobe for details on obtaining the letter of approval if you have not been supplied one.

How to Apply:

  1. Complete the La Trobe application form for outbound cross institutional study Application-for-Cross-Institutional-Enrolment_Outbound.pdf
  2. Student to seek approval from Host Institution and from Discipline Coordinator at La Trobe, as outlined on the Application-for-Cross-Institutional-Enrolment_Outbound.pdf (Please note email approvals can be accepted)
  3. Submit the form at your nearest ASK La Trobe Help Zone or via email at, all applicants must keep a copy, for their records
  4. You can then apply to OUA for a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP), refer to the How to Apply section below.

Please ensure that you attach your approved application for outbound study in your OUA CSP application.

Please note, successful applicants will need to finalise their enrolment online or with a Student Advisor on 1300 730 826.

To view 2016/2017 unit equivalencies between On Campus and OUA, please see the PDF below:


  Required Elective Optional
To view the unit price, select the unit name. Check the box beside the unit to add it to your Study Cart.
Need help enrolling? Read our enrolment guide
Unit name Code Provider Availability
La Trobe Cross Institutional Unit
LATXIN La Trobe Coming in 2016
You can pay fees in one of two main ways:

Eligible OUA students can apply for loans through the Commonwealth government's Higher Education Loan Programme (HELP), which allows you to defer your fees. You pay back the loan through your taxes once your income reaches a certain level.

There are currently two types of loan:

Loan scheme Who can access it? When can I use it? How do I find out more?
Course loan
  • Australian citizens
  • Permanent humanitarian visa holders

After you've been admitted into an application course. (That's why we call it a course loan.)

If you complete units from different universities, each university will ask you to apply for HECS-HELP.

Find out more about
Unit loan
  • Australian citizens who will undertake, in Australia,
    at least one unit of study
    contributing to their course
  • Permanent humanitarian
    visa holders who will be
    resident in Australia for the
    duration of their unit
  • Permanent visa holders who
    are undertaking bridging study
    for overseas-trained professionals
    , and will be
    resident in Australia for the
    duration of their study

When you enrol in OUA units without having been admitted into an application course.

If you're studying OUA units to become eligible to apply for this course, we recommend using FEE-HELP for them. Once you've completed the units to the required standard you can apply for the course and, once admitted, switch to the course loan (HECS-HELP).

Find out more about
You can pay your fees upfront - in full at the beginning of a unit - using:
  • Credit card (Visa and MasterCard)
  • Cheque
  • Money order

You should make cheques and money orders payable to 'Open Universities Australia' and send them to:
Open Universities Australia
GPO Box 5387
Melbourne 3001