Download a course guide
Fill out your details below, hit the button and your Course Guide will download automatically. An Open Universities Australia Student Advisor will be in touch with you soon to answer any questions you have and offer advice on your study options. Why fill out this form?
Get advice on this course
The Health Industry Management course is designed to enhance the skills of those who have, or wish to progress to, leadership and management responsibilities in the health industry. The content is directed to participants' current roles, directions and career aspirations.
Students can study towards a range of qualifications in this course. Students can exit after four units and receive the Graduate Certificate, after eight units for the Graduate Diploma and twelve units for the Master of Health Industry Management.
This course is designed to develop an understanding of health industry management with a workplace focus. It enables students to:
- Improve their ability to manage change in the workplace
- Enhance their skills and knowledge in key areas of relevance to today's health industry, particularly the impact of new technologies
- Facilitate progress to industry leadership
- Develop strategies for immediate application
As this course is designed as a specialisation, applicants need to have completed an undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in health disciplines, education or behavioural sciences from a recognised tertiary institution.
Entry may be granted to applicants who do not have an academic qualification but who have a minimum of five years relevant health industry experience.
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Applicants need to meet Curtin’s English Language requirement as all courses are taught in English. If your education qualifications were not predominantly in English, the minimum English language requirements are:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic): with a minimum overall score of 6.5 (with no component score lower than 6.0).
To qualify for the Graduate Certificate in Health Industry Management students must complete 4 units or equivalent.
The unit content and additional resources are available on the Internet. Online, you will be able to access resources such as subject discussion boards, weblinks, journal articles, and electronic copies of study guide topics.
As this course is taught online, you will need easy and frequent access to a computer with the internet and email.
Recognition of Prior Learning/Credit may be available according to Curtin University policies. Applicants are encouraged to contact the course coordinator.
Eligible OUA students can access the government loan scheme known as FEE-HELP. You pay back the loan through your taxes once your income reaches a minimum threshold.
Who can access it?
- Australian citizens who will undertake, in Australia, at least one unit of study contributing to their course
- Permanent humanitarian visa holders who will be resident in Australia for the duration of their unit
- Permanent visa holders who are undertaking bridging study for overseas-trained professionals, and will be resident in Australia for the duration of their study
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard)
- Money order
You should make cheques and money orders payable to 'Open Universities Australia' and send them to:
Open Universities Australia
GPO Box 5387